Organize a Walkout Now! Click Here!
Scroll Down to Find a Walkout on Your Campus.
Monday, August 25th would have been Mike Brown's first day of college. Instead, it is the day of his funeral. Rather than dropping Mike off at school on Monday, his family will be saying goodbye to him forever.
Since Mike Brown won't be in class on Monday we are calling for a National Student Walk Out in Solidarity with Ferguson, MO and every community that has lost people to police violence. Find a #HandsUpWalkout on your campus or create your own below.
The steps for organizing a campus #HandsUpWalkout are simple:
- Find a central open space on campus for your gathering.
- Just register an event asking people to meet at that space on our page on Monday.
- Share the link to you event throughout your networks and around campus.
- Download the event toolkit that will be sent to your email.
- Be at your location early on Monday to greet participants and circulate a sign in sheet.
- At the gathering you'll read the names of people that have been lost, hear from one another, and give the latest updates on the campaign in Ferguson and around the country to end police violence in communities of color.
This event is meant to be more than just a gathering. This is an opportunity to organize like-minded people on your campus around police violence against people of color. Think about other actions that can be taken locally to change police practices and consider scheduling a planning meeting some time during the week.
If you have any questions, email Scott at email@example.com.
No #handsupwalkouts on your campus. Click Here to host your own!